Easter Bunny Buns
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup scalded milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 2 packages yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Stir together milk, sugar or honey, salt and margarine. Cool to lukewarm.
- Sprinkle yeast into water; stir. Add yeast to milk mixture. Add egg and
2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add 2 cups flour and spices. Stir to make stiff
batter. Cover bowl tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. (Dough can
be kept for 3 days in refrigerator.)
- For Bunnies: Cut dough into fourths. Cut each fourth into 4 more. Each piece
makes 1 bunny (16 in all). Roll into a snake, 10 to 12-inches long, and tie
a knot (ends make the ears). Pick the best side for the face. Brush with beaten
egg to make decorations stick. Use raisins for eyes, piece of cherry for nose,
coconut for whiskers or whatever. Poke raisins, etc., in deeply.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes (no more than 8 bunnies to a
sheet, they rise!).
- Brush with butter.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Easter Recipes