A soft bread - sweet from sugar, spicy from cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. No
Easter buffet should be without them.
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
envelopes FLEISCHMANN'S RapidRise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package
chopped dates, optional
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In large bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, spices,
and salt. Heat milk, water and butter until very warm (120 degrees to 130 degrees
F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric
mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour. Beat 2 minutes
at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly
floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let
rest 10 minutes.
- Set aside about 1/4 cup dates for bunny's eyes. Knead remaining dates
into dough, if desired. Divide dough into 10 equal pieces. Roll each to 24-inch
rope. Divide each rope into 1 (13-inch), 1 (6-inch), 2 (2-inch), and 1 (1-inch)
strips. Coil 13-inch strip to make body; coil 6-inch strip to make head. Attach
head to body; pinch to seal. Shape 2 (2-inch) strips into ears and remaining
1-inch strip into tail. Attach to body and head. Place on 2 greased baking sheets.
Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
- Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Glaze. Insert reserved date pieces for eyes.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze: Combine all ingredients until smooth.
Yield: 10 Bunnies
Nutrition Information Per Serving - Serving Size: 1 Bunny Calories: 480;
Total Fat: 9 g; Saturated Fat: 4.5 g; Cholesterol: 60 mg; Sodium: 330 mg; Carbohydrates:
90 g; Dietary Fiber: 4 g; Protein: 11 g
Reprinted with permission from
>> Easter Bread Recipes
>> Easter Recipes