- 1 (12 ounce) package English muffins
- 6 slices (4 ounces) Canadian bacon, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups skim or low-fat (1 percent) milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Chives, optional
- Halved lemon slices, optional
- Split muffins and cut into cubes. Alternate even layers of muffin cubes
and ham in lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk, mayonnaise, lemon peel and lemon
juice until well blended. Pour evenly over muffin-ham mixture. Cover.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Uncover. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven until golden brown and knife
inserted near center comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and lemon slices, if desired.