Bunny in the Hole
- 8 slices white bread, divided
- 4 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 KRAFT DELI FRESH Mild Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 4 eggs
- Suggested decorations: 8 frozen peas, 4 small triangles of red bell pepper and 8 fresh chives
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut out hole in center of each of 4 of the bread slices with a 3-1/2 inch
egg-shaped cookie cutter. Cut each cutout lengthwise in half to make the "bunny's
- Brush remaining 4 bread slices with butter; place, butter sides down, on
ungreased baking sheet. Cover each with 1 cheese slice; top with 1 of the bread
slices with the hole. Carefully break 1 egg into center of each hole. Decorate
each egg with 2 peas for the "eyes," a red pepper triangle for the "nose"
and chives for the "whiskers."
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and egg is set but slightly
runny, adding the ears to the oven for the last 5 minutes of the baking time.
Arrange 2 of the ears at the top of each bunny's head just before serving.
Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 25 min | Yield: 4 servings
Round Out The Meal: Kids will get a kick out of these adorable sandwiches. Serve
this Easter-time treat with baby carrots and sliced fruit, such as apples, pears
Great Substitute: Prepare as directed, using whole wheat bread and KRAFT 2% Milk
Nutritional Information: Calories 340 Total fat 18 g Saturated fat 9 g Cholesterol
245 mg Sodium 510 mg Carbohydrate 26 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 2 g Protein 16 g
Vitamin A 15 %DV Vitamin C 8 %DV Calcium 20 %DV Iron 15 %DV
Recipe and photo credit: Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com
>> Easter Brunch Recipes