Cheese Blintz Casserole
I made cheese blintzes until I found this incredible dish! Just like blintzes
but without the work and it's great for brunch!
- 1 pound creamed cottage cheese
- 1 pound farmers cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large can blueberry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine fist 7 ingredients, blending well and set aside.
- Grease a 2-quart long baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the next 7 ingredients until blended. Pour 1/2
of the mixture into the prepared pan. Pour all of the first mixture on top of
the batter in the pan and top with the other 1/2 of remaining batter, being
careful not to mix together. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and bake for 45
to 60 minutes.
- Warm the blueberry filling and lemon peel together and pour over slices
of the blintz.
Option 2: Here's another version originating from Oshkosh, WI: Omit the farmers
cheese and cottage cheese in the above recipe and substitute 2 pounds ricotta cheese
and 8 ounces cream cheese. Bake and prepare the same as the directions state above,
baking 30 minutes longer until golden and done in center.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com
>> Easter Brunch Recipes
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Easter Recipes