Italian Spinach Brunch Casserole
- 1 pound hot bulk sausage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated Provolone cheese, divided
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Brown, crumble, and drain sausage in large skillet.
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook until onions are semi-soft.
- Arrange sausage mixture in greased pan. Sprinkle half of chopped pepper
over sausage; top with spinach. Sprinkle with 1 cup of Provolone cheese.
- In large bowl, combine flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and basil.
- In another bowl, combine eggs and milk; beat until smooth. Add egg mixture
to flour mixture; beat until well blended. Pour over spinach.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Sprinkle casserole with remaining red pepper and Provolone cheese.
- Return to oven for an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
Servings: 8 to 10