Overnight Easter Casserole
- 2 tablespoons butter, soft
- 6 to 8 French or sourdough slices, cubed
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and chopped (may also use sausage, ham)
- 1/3 cup chopped peppers (may also use broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms, well drained spinach)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 beaten eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Butter a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Place bread cubes in baking pan. Add
crumbled meat and chopped veggies. Top with cheese.
- Whip eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper and dry mustard. Pour over all bread
mixture, covering thoroughly.
- Cover baking pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until set and brown on top.
- Garnish with green onions and parsley.
Source: Panera Bread