- 1 (18.25 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maraschino cherries, well drained and patted dry (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cake: Combine cake mix, oil, eggs and milk and blend thoroughly Pour into two
9-inch round layer pans or one 11 x 14-inch pan.
- Bake layers 25 to 30 minutes, and the 11 x 14-inch for 30 to 35 minutes.
Cake is done when it springs back after being pressed lightly with a finger.
- Let cake cool.
- Frosting: Blend ricotta cheese, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract; mix well. Spread
over cooled cake. Dot with maraschino cherries for color, if desired.