Coconut Almond Cake
Shredded coconut and Almond Paste gives this cake a rich, texture and taste.
Frost with whipped cream, or dust with powdered sugar.
- 1 box Odense Almond Paste, grated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut flakes
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 1 1/4 cups heavy (whipping) cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Electric mixer
- 1 (9-inch) springform pan
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour pan.
- Cake: Beat grated Almond Paste and sugar on low speed until combined into small
crumbs. Add butter and beat on high until well mixed. Add eggs one at a time,
beating between each addition. Add coconut extract and beat on high for 3 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add
coconut flakes and mix until combined. Add coconut milk and flour to almond
paste mixture. Mix on low speed until just combined. Pour batter into prepared
- Bake for 45-48 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center pulls out clean.
- Cool pan on wire rack for 10 minutes and unmold ring.
- Cool cake completely.
- Frost with favorite frosting or Sweetened Whipped Cream.
For an extra pretty presentation divide cake in half and frost between layers.
- Sweetened Whipped Cream: Beat cream until frothy. Add sugar and beat until
cream will hold firm peaks. Divide cake in half. Frost middle, top and sides
- Garnish with shredded coconut.
Yield: 1 (9 inch) cake | 20 min assemble | 45-48 min bake
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Easter Recipes