Daffodil Easter Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Beat until foamy 1 cup egg whites. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon
cream of tartar. Beat until stiff but not dry. Fold carefully 1 cup and 2 tablespoons
sugar. Divide mixture. Fold into one part 1/2 cup flour (sifted 5 times) and
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Fold into other part 6 egg yolks, beaten, 2/3
cup flour (sifted 5 times) and 1/2 teaspoon orange extract.
- Place by spoonsful into ungreased 9-inch tube cake pan, alternating yellow
and white batters as in marble cake.
- Bake at 325 degrees F.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Easter Recipes