Easter Chick Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (16 ounce) box pound cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can fluffy white vanilla frosting
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Tail, wing, crest and wattle: 1 (14 ounce) bag gummy candies, cut in half lengthwise
- Eye: 1 small, round blue candy
- Feet and beak: 2 jelly-candy orange slices
- Trace outline of cake body and head. Cut head pattern from cardboard.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 1 round 9 x 2-inch cake pan.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on box; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and a wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes, then invert cake on rack to cool
- Place head pattern on cake and cut out; cut off piece of cake above dotted
line (save piece for snacking). Place body of cake on a serving platter; attach
head using some of the frosting as glue. Frost cake with remaining frosting.
Press coconut over top and sides. Attach gummy candies, cut sides down, as shown.
Press eye in place. Trim orange slices for feet and beak; press in place.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Easter Recipes