Resurrection Day Cupcakes
For a fun Resurrection Day activity, set out baked cupcakes, bags of tinted coconut and
assorted candies. Kids of all ages will have lots of fun decorating the cupcakes.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting
- Flaked coconut (about 1 cup for each desired color)
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors and Egg Dye or McCormick® Assorted NEON! Food Colors and Egg Dye
- Candies for decorating, such as jelly beans or gum drops (optional)
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on package for cupcakes.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Place coconut in large resealable plastic bag. Squeeze food color into coconut
(use 5 to 6 drops desired food color to 1 cup coconut). Shake until color is
- Sprinkle frosted cupcakes with tinted coconut. Decorate as desired with
Makes 24 (1 cupcake) servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Information per serving: Calories: 218; Fat: 10 g; Carbohydrates:
31 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 191 mg; Fiber: 0 g; Protein: 1 g
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick