Easter Dawn Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 3 drops oil of peppermint
Easter Dawn Frosting
- 4 egg whites
- 4 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 10 drops red food coloring
- Cake: Cream butter. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at
a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately
with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix well after each addition.
Stir in vanilla extract. Pour 2/3 batter into 3 greased and floured 8-inch round
cake pans. Add food coloring and oil of peppermint to the remaining batter.
Spoon pink batter equally into batter in 3 pans. Swirl pink batter into white
batter to obtain a marbled effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove layers from pans and let cool completely.
- Spread Easter Dawn Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cooled
- Easter Dawn Frosting: Beat egg whites (at room temperature)
at medium speed of electric mixer until frothy. Gradually add sugar, beating at high speed until stiff peaks
form. Add remaining ingredients; beat until smooth.
Yield: enough frosting for 1 (3-layer) cake
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Easter Recipes