Easter Egg Cake Bites
Make Easter even more festive and delicious with egg-shaped cake bites. Give
the crumbled cake filling a light lemony flavor with Pure Lemon Extract.
- 1 (15 ounce) box white cake mix
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract Substitutions
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye Substitutions
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 (14 ounce) bag white confectionary coating wafers
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- Cake Bites: Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding lemon extract and desired
- Bake as directed on package for 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Crumble cake into large bowl. Add marshmallow creme; mix until well blended.
Shape into 1-inch balls then roll to form an egg shape. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Melt coating wafers or chocolate as directed on package. Using a fork, dip
1 cake bite at a time into the confectionary coating or chocolate. Tap back
of fork 2 or 3 times against edge of dish to allow excess to drip off. Place
cake bites on wax paper-lined tray.
- Decorating Glaze: Mix confectioners’ sugar and water in small bowl
until well blended. Tint with desired food color. Using a fork, drizzle glaze
over cake bites.
- Let stand until glaze is set.
Prep Time: 45 min | Cook Time: 35 min
Makes 4 dozen or 24 (2 cake bite) servings
Test Kitchen Tips:
Use 2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract or 1 teaspoon
McCormick® Raspberry Extract in place of the lemon extract.
To prepare cake bites in multiple colors, divide prepared cake batter into 2
or 3 bowls. Tint each batch with desired food color. Pour into muffin pan. Bake
as directed on package. Crumble cake into separate bowls. Divide marshmallow creme
among bowls. Continue as directed.
Confectionary coating, also known as almond bark, is used for candy making and
coating. It is packaged in wafer form and is available in a variety of colors and
flavors, including milk and dark chocolate. It is found in the cake decorating aisle
of craft and party stores.
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 217 Sodium:
152mg Fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 33g Cholesterol: 0mg Protein: 1g Fiber: 0g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Easter Recipes