Easter Egg Surprise Cupcakes
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 24 small chocolate eggs, unwrapped
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Blue, green and yellow food coloring
- Jelly beans or other decorative edible candy eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups, or use
- Cupcakes: Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, brown sugar and granulated
sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract. Beat in
the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
Fill each muffin cup 1/3 full, and place a chocolate egg in the center of each.
Top with remaining batter until cups are 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown, and tops spring back when
- Frost and decorate as desired.
- Frosting: Fill with whipped cream in 2 or 3 different colors and pipe the
icing directly onto the cupcakes using a star nozzle. Decorate with jelly beans
or other candy eggs.
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Easter Recipes