Easter Orange Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 (8-serving size) box JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 (4-serving size) box JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) container COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 9 large sugar cookies
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until
completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the gelatin into
9-inch round cake pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate 2 hours until set but not firm (gelatin sticks to finger when
touched and should mound).
- Add milk to remaining gelatin; stir until well blended. Add dry pudding
mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Gently stir in 2
cups of the whipped topping and the oranges. Spoon over gelatin layer in pan.
Arrange cookies on pudding mixture to form crust (pan will be full). Cover with
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- To unmold, run small metal spatula around edge of pan. Dip pan in warm water,
just to rim, for about 10 seconds. Place serving plate on top of pan. Invert;
holding pan and plate together, shake gently to loosen. Carefully remove pan.
Garnish with remaining whipped topping.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
Yield: 10 servings
Substitute 2 packages (4-serving size each) JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin for
the 1 package (8-serving size) gelatin.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Easter Recipes