Resurrection Day Surprise Cupcakes
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 24 small chocolate eggs, unwrapped
- Buttercream frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 24 medium muffin tins or line with
paper baking cups.
- Mix butter, sugars, eggs and extract in large mixing bowl until blended.
Beat on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 5 minutes.
- On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder and salt alternately, with milk.
- Fill muffin cups 1/3 full and place unwrapped chocolate egg in center of
each. Top with remaining batter until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18- 20 minutes or until top springs back when touched.
- Cool; then spread with Buttercream frosting.
Recipe and photo credit: C&H Sugar - chsugar.com