Fresh Apple Easter Cake
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 small box instant butterscotch or vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 medium Washington apples (Braeburn or Granny Smith) peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Sprinkle walnuts in bottom of greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup
fluted tube pan; set aside.
- Mix cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and water in large bowl with mixer
at medium speed for 3 minutes or until well blended.
- Stir in apples and raisins if desired. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 55 to 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes; invert onto rack and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Source: Washington Apple Commission