No need to be sheepish when making lamb cupcakes. Betty Crocker® cake, frosting
and candies make it super fun and easy.
Cupcakes and Frosting
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow or devil's food cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- Red liquid or gel food color
- 24 red miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bits
- 48 brown miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bits
- 24 small white gumdrops, cut in half vertically
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows, cut in half crosswise
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pans). Place
paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Divide batter
among muffin cups.
- Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, tint 1/4 cup of the frosting with red food color to make
pink frosting; set aside. Frost cupcakes with white frosting. For muzzle, spread
1/2 teaspoon pink frosting in small circle on each cupcake; add red baking bit
for nose. For eyes, add brown baking bits. For ears, add white gumdrop halves,
cut sides down. Place marshmallow halves on face for wool.
Prep Time: 30 min | Total Time: 1 hour 25 min | Yield: 24 cupcakes
How-To: If you have only one pan and a recipe calls for more cupcakes
than your pan will make, just cover and refrigerate the rest of the batter while
baking the first batch. Cool the pan about 15 minutes, then bake the rest of
the batter, adding 1 to 2 minutes to the bake time.
How-To: An easy way to fill baking cups is to use an ice cream scoop. Use
one that measures out 1/3 cup batter when filling regular-size cups. Use one that
measures out 2 tablespoons batter when filling mini cups.
Nutrition Information:1 Frosted Cupcake (Undecorated): Calories 190 (Calories
from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 25mg;
Sodium 190mg; Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 20g); Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker - © 2010 ®/TM General Mills
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Easter Recipes