Lemon Burst Cupcakes
There's a surprise burst of creamy lemon filling inside these delicious cupcakes.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg
whites called for on cake mix box
- 1 (10 to 12 ounce) jar lemon curd
(12 ounce) container Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1/4 cup Betty Crocker®
yellow candy sprinkles
- 1/4 cup Betty Crocker® white candy sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pans).
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes, using water,
oil and eggs.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- By slowly spinning end of round handle of wooden spoon back and forth, make
deep, 3/4-inch-wide indentation in center of top of each cupcake, not quite
to bottom (wiggle end of spoon in cupcake to make opening large enough).
- Spoon lemon curd into corner of resealable heavy-duty food-storage plastic
bag. Cut about 1/4 inch off corner of bag. Gently push cut corner of bag into
center of cupcake. Squeeze about 2 teaspoons lemon curd into center of each
cupcake for filling, being careful not to split cupcake.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting. To decorate, roll edge of each cupcake in
candy sprinkles. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Prep Time: 30 min | Total Time: 1 hour 15 min
Makes: 24 cupcakes
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Nutrition Information: 1 Cupcake: Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 90); Total
Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 180mg; Total
Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 26g); Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1/2 Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate
Choices: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from