Mom's Lamb Mold Cake
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1/2 pound cream cheese
- 2 cups
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Vanilla Butter Frosting
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk (approximately)
- Place the lamb cake mold face DOWN on a cookie sheet - fill buttered and
floured pan half with half of the batter and then place the back half of the
mold on the top so that the vent hole is not blocked. The batter will rise to
fill the top half (back half) of the mold so the finished cake is one piece.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.
- Frosting: You can use coconut or fine grind walnuts over the frosting. Also
use jelly beans for the eyes (black-eyes pink-nose red-lips).
The recipe makes two cakes.
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine 3/26/02 5:46:07 pm.