Simaya Pashka (Easter Cheese Cake)
- 2 pounds dry unsalted cottage cheese
- 1 pound sweet butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup glazed fruit, chopped fine (optional)
- Put cheese through a fine food chopper or sieve at least 2 times and set
- Cream butter and sugar until almost white. Add egg yolks and continue creaming.
Add vanilla extract. When this mixture is thoroughly blended, add the cheese
and mix well. Add the whipped cream. Additions of almonds and fruit is optional
and added last.
- Put the mixture in a cheesecloth lined clay flowerpot, colander or paskha
mold. Put a heavy weight on the top to help press out the excess moisture.
- Put container on wire rack so that the cheese will not sit in the drained
liquid. Let drain at least 24 hours.
- Chill thoroughly.
This freezes beautifully. Unmold and remove cheesecloth before serving. Decorate
with bits of candied fruit.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Easter Recipes