White Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- 1 package (6 squares) BAKER'S Premium White Baking
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 (2-layer
size) box white cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans;
- Microwave chocolate and butter in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes
or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted; cool slightly.
- Beat cake mix, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and chocolate mixture in large
bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping side of
bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended. Pour
evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes
- Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely on
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with layers of 2/3 cup of the
White Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting and the jam. Cover with remaining cake
layer. Frost top and side of cake with remaining frosting. Top with raspberries
just before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 16 servings
Savor a serving of this indulgent special-occasion dessert that is perfect for
a party. One cake makes enough for 16 servings.
Marbled White Chocolate Raspberry Cake: Prepare batter as directed.
Remove 1 cup of the batter; place in small bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons seedless
raspberry jam and 2 drops red food coloring. Spoon remaining batter evenly into
prepared pans. Drop spoonsful of the pink batter over plain batter in each pan;
swirl with small knife for marble effect. Bake and frost as directed.
Nutritional Information: Calories 470 Total fat 25 g Saturated fat 13 g Cholesterol
80 mg Sodium 380 mg Carbohydrate 57 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 44 g Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 10 %DV Vitamin C 4 %DV Calcium 15 %DV Iron 4 %DV
Reprinted with permission from
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com.