Abbachio al Forno
(Italian Roast Lamb)
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (6 to 8 pound) half baby lamb
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Pepper to taste
- 6 to 8 potatoes
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mince Battuto ingredients. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to make a paste.
- With sharp knife, make 6 to 8 slits in lamb and fill with Battuto.
- In open roasting pan, place 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Add lamb, turning over repeatedly to coat. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon rosemary
and remaining salt and pepper. Surround lamb with quartered potatoes, giving
a turn to coat with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees F, and roast 45 minutes
or until lamb is 160 degrees F.
- Baste lamb and turn potatoes with spatula several times.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.