This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cranberry-Orange Roast Lamb
- 1 (5 or 6 pound) leg of lamb
- 2 medium size oranges
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Rub lamb with salt and pepper. Place lamb, skin side down, on a rack in
a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine in a saucepan the cranberry sauce, orange juice, ginger, and simmer
over low heat for about 8 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking. When
this mixture is well blended, spoon half of liquid over the lamb.
- Roast lamb at 325 degrees F, allowing 45 minutes cooking time per pound.
Every 30 minutes baste with melted butter and drippings until tender and brown.
- Pour remainder of cranberry-orange liquid over lamb and serve with a garnish
of orange wedges and cranberries.