Leg of Lamb with Tangerine Sauce
- 1 (6 to 9 pound) leg of lamb, bone in or 1 (5 to 7 pound)boneless, rolled and tied
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups tangerine juice
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In shallow roasting pan, place lamb, fat side up. With sharp knife, cut
slits in lamb. Insert garlic slivers in slits.
- Roast lamb at 325 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes per pound when using a
bone in leg (25 to 30 minutes, if using a boneless leg), or until meat thermometer
placed in thickest part of meat reaches 140 degrees F for rare or 150 degrees
F to 155 degrees F for medium.
- Allow lamb to stand in a warm place for 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Simmer, stirring
constantly, until thickened. Serve with leg of lamb.
Yield: 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.