Peach Glazed Leg of Lamb
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) leg of lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed consommé
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pierce lamb in several places; insert rosemary. Sprinkle meat with salt
and pepper. Place fat side up in shallow baking pan.
- Roast at 325 degrees F until done, 30 to 35 minutes per pound.
- Spoon off fat from lamb.
- Combine consommé , preserves, lemon juice and garlic; pour over meat for
last hour of baking. Baste every 15 minutes.
- Remove meat to heated platter.
- To thicken sauce, blend cornstarch and water until smooth; slowly stir into
sauce. Cook, stirring until thickened. Serve with lamb.
Yield: 4 servings with enough leftover for a second meal
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Easter Recipes