Piquant Leg of Lamb
- 1 leg of lamb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup currant or other tart red jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Place lamb on rack in shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt, mustard,
ginger and pepper.
- Roast in a 325 degrees F oven about 20 minutes to the pound.
- Blend jelly with lemon juice and brush the mixture over the lamb; arrange
lemon slices across the top and continue roasting for 1/2 hour or until meat
thermometer registers 145 degrees F for lamb that is rare or done to taste.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.