This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Rack of Lamb Persillade
- 2 racks of lamb, 6 bones each
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 ounces sliced Persillade Butter (recipe follows)
- 4 ounces fine bread crumbs
- 4 ounces demi glace sauce (available in specialty cooking stores)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or heavy roasting pan set over medium heat.
When oil is hot, add the lamb to the pan and brown. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the Persillade Butter and bread crumbs. Press mixture
onto the browned lamb.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest
part registers 130 degrees F.
- Prepare demi glace sauce according to package directions.
- Remove lamb from oven and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before cutting
into two-rib chops.
- Serve with demi glace sauce.
- Persillade (Parsley) Butter: In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup softened butter,
3 to 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill until firm enough to mold, then shape into a brick and return to refrigerator.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Approximate values per serving: 939 calories, 75 g fat, 237 mg cholesterol,
49 g protein, 15 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 543 mg sodium, 72 percent calories
Source: Scottsdale Culinary Institute, Scottsdale, Arizona