Roast Lamb with Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 12 blanched almonds
- 12 walnut halves
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) leg of lamb, boned
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pesto: Pound the basil and parsley. Add and mix the cheeses, nuts, garlic and butter.
When mixture is very thick, add the oil slowly (or buy Pesto sauce in Italian
deli). Lay out lamb flat.
- Lamb: Spread the Pesto over the lamb leaving a 1/2 inch of meat around edge.
- Roll up the lamb. Tie the lamb with string and place in roasting pan. Make
a few slits in the lamb and insert garlic.
- Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.