Roast Lamb Royale
- 1 (8 pound) leg of lamb
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Juice from 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- Remove excess fat from lamb.
- Combine garlic, pepper and oregano. Crush garlic; work spices into a paste.
With the point of a sharp knife, make 3 (1-inch) slits several inches apart
in lamb down to the bone. Put 1/4 of seasoning mixture into slits, pressing
down close to the bone.
- Rub lamb well with lemon juice and spread on remaining seasoning. With a
spatula, cover lamb with 1/2-inch coating of plain yogurt; refrigerate overnight.
- Two hours before roasting set lamb out at room temperature.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan and roast for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Every
half hour, baste with remaining yogurt marinade.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.