Roast Mint Lamb
- 1 cup white creme de menthe liqueur
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or more
- 1 ( 5 to 6 pound) leg of lamb
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In bowl combine creme de menthe, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Pierce
lamb with skewer so marinade will penetrate. Place lamb in shallow dish or large
plastic bag. Pour in marinade and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours, turning meat
- Drain and reserve marinade. Place lamb in shallow roasting pan. Roast at
325 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees
F for rare. 160 degrees F for medium and 170 degrees F for well done. Baste
often with marinade. (Add water to roasting pan if dry).
- Remove lamb to heated serving platter.
- Scrape pan juices into a medium saucepan; add 1/2 cup reserve marinade,
cream and butter.
- Combine cornstarch and water, add to saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly
until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste.
- Serve sauce with lamb.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.