Roasted Rosemary Lamb
- 1 (6 to 6 1/2 pound) leg of lamb
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 cup dried whole rosemary
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Chablis or other dry white wine
- Make several deep slits on outside of lamb. Set aside.
- Combine parsley, rosemary, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and cardamom. Stuff
slits with herb mixture. Brush outside of lamb with 1 tablespoon of oil and
sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place lamb on roasting rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil and wine. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Bake lamb for 2 1/2 hours or meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees F. Baste
occasionally with wine mixture.
- Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.