Traditional Greek Lamb in Egg Lemon Sauce
- 1 (2 pound) lamb shoulder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 6 bunches chopped scallions
- 1 1/2 cups water
Egg Lemon Sauce
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 cup hot chicken broth
- Lamb: Trim excess fat from meat and cut into stew pieces. Place in deep
saucepan over high heat. Add butter and seasonings. Brown meat well until juices
are absorbed. Add green scallions. Cover and cook over low heat until soft.
Add water. Continue cooking slowly for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is done.
- Serve with Egg Lemon Sauce.
- Egg Lemon Sauce: Beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice slowly,
beating well. Gradually add hot broth, beating constantly at low speed.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.