Blue Peeps Pie
- 1 cookie crumb pie crust
- 1 small box blue gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup whole milk (or half-and-half)
- 3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Curacao or similar blue liqueur
- 10 to 15 blue Peeps (from
1 package of 3 boxes)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries for garnish
- Freeze crust while you prepare the pie filling.
- Pour boiling water boiling water over gelatin in heatproof bowl. Stir to
dissolve gelatin. Add cold milk and liqueur. Blend well and refrigerate until
gelatin has thickened, but not set firm.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping to chilled gelatin mixture. Mix completely
so that no streaks remain, but avoid overworking. Spoon filling into frozen
- Snip apart each family of Peeps. Arrange in concentric circles atop pie
filling. Use fresh blueberries to fill in gaps between Peeps.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Peeps refrigerated for longer than 36 hours will begin to "weep" and
ooze melted sugar.