Asparagus with Almonds
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a skillet sauté almonds in 1 teaspoon olive until lightly browned; remove
and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté asparagus in the remaining oil for 1 minute.
- Add water, sugar, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Drain. Sprinkle with lemon juice; top with almonds.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
>> Easter Side Dish Recipes
>> Easter Recipes