Asparagus Tips and Wild
Mushrooms in Lemon Butter
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 small wild mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Trim the tips from the asparagus, approximately the top 2 or 3 inches, saving
the stalks for another use.
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat and add the lemon juice.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until they begin to darken and release their
liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus tips to the skillet and continue cooking for about 3 minutes,
or until the asparagus are just tender.
- Serve at once.
Yield: 2 servings
Source: Jean Price