Cirek (Resurrection Day Cheese)
- 15 eggs
- 1 quart milk
- 5 to 6 whole black peppers, crushed
- Pinch of salt
- Pour milk into saucepan and bring to a boil. Beat eggs slightly and add
gradually to the hot milk. Cook over low heat for about 7 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt. Stir constantly to prevent scorching. Pour mixture
into a cheesecloth or linen towel. Squeeze and tie lightly. Hang and let liquid
drain for about 2 hours.
- Cover with wet napkin and refrigerate.
- After chilling for about 12 hours, the cheese can be sliced about 1/2-inch
thick and served with the Resurrection Day menu.
>> Resurrection Day Side Dish Recipes
>> Resurrection Day Recipes