Garlic Bread Puddings
- 2 cups milk
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups 1/2-inch cubes Italian bread
- In a saucepan scald the milk with the garlic, let the mixture stand off
the heat for 15 minutes, and strain it through a sieve, discarding the garlic.
- In a bowl whisk together the whole eggs and the yolks, add the milk in a
stream, whisking, and stir in the parsley, the salt, and pepper to taste.
- Divide the bread cubes among 8 well-buttered 1/3-cup muffin tins, ladle
the custard mixture over them, dividing it evenly, and let the bread puddings
stand for 10 minutes. The puddings may be prepared up to this point 8 hours
in advance and kept covered and chilled.
- Bake the puddings in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes, or until
they are golden brown and puffed.
- Let the puddings cool for 10 minutes (they will sink as they cool), run
a thin knife around the side of each pudding, and lift the puddings out carefully
with a fork.
- Serve the garlic bread puddings warm.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Gourmet - March 1991
>> Resurrection Day Side Dish Recipes
>> Resurrection Day Recipes