Rhubarb Cornbread Stuffing
This is a great accompaniment for your Resurrection Day ham!
- 5 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, 1/2 inch pieces, thawed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 3 cups corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, toss rhubarb and sugar; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onion in 2 tablespoon butter until
tender; add to rhubarb mixture. Stir in stuffing and walnuts.
- Melt the remaining butter; pour over the stuffing mixture and toss lightly.
Spoon into a greased 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until stuffing
is heated through and top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
>> Resurrection Day Side Dish Recipes
>> Resurrection Day Recipes