Cheez-It Baked Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups cheese flavored crackers, like Cheez-It, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups French-fried onions, crushed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut in half
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 small pats butter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix Cheez-It, French-fried onions, salt and pepper in a bowl; set aside.
- Wash and pat chicken breasts dry.
- Put mayonnaise into a bowl.
- Coat chicken in mayonnaise then press in the cracker mixture.
- Place chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cracker mixture on top.
- Place a small pat of butter on each chicken breast.
- Bake until the chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center and the
juices run clear, 35 to 40 minutes.