Parmesan Peppercorn Grilled Shrimp
- 1 cup beef stock or dissolve one bouillon cube in 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in small, heavy skillet over low heat until browned. Add
onion and sauté until light brown.
- Remove and discard onion. Stir in flour until well blended. Cook over
low heat, stirring constantly, until flour is a deep mahogany brown.
- Remove from heat. Gradually stir in stock. Return to heat and bring to a
boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Stir in salt nd pepper.
- Sauce is now ready for use, or transfer to storage container and
refrigerate for 1 week or freeze ups up to 3 months.
Yield: 1 cup
Mushroom Brown Sauce: Make brown sauce except add 1 cup
sliced mushrooms to the butter or drippings. Brown slowly before adding flour.
Stir in a few drops Worcestershire sauce.