Stuffed Cornish Hens
- 4 whole Cornish hens
- 1 box seasoned stuffing
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare stuffing as directed on package. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash Cornish hens; pat dry.
- Stuff hens with prepared stuffing and place in baking pan with the
breast side down. Tuck the tips of the wings into the side of the bird to
prevent them from burning.
- Salt and pepper birds.
- Pour 1 cup water into pan. Bake birds for 15 minutes; baste with the
butter or margarine.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for an additional 45
minutes to 1 hour, basting birds frequently with the pan drippings.