Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins, rolled in flour
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine sugars and butter. Add vanilla extract, water and vinegar; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and soda, followed by salt.
Combine the two mixtures together. Add raisins, which have been lightly rolled
in flour, and oats; mix together well. Add walnuts or pecans if desired.
- Roll dough into small balls with about 6-9 cookies to each ungreased cookie
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies won't look ready at 10 minutes but take
out and let sit for 5 minutes in order to be chewy.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.