These are Greek eggless doughnuts.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- Grated rind of 1 orange (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking
- 3 tablespoons Brandy or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- Combine yogurt, orange rind and salt. dissolve soda in brandy and add enough
flour to make a pancake like batter. Cover and set aside in warm place for one
and a half hours, or until raised and bubbly.
- Stir batter.
- Drop by spoonsful into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain and serve with diluted honey, cinnamon, chopped nuts or toasted sesame
- Serve warm.