Cherry-Almond Protein Energy Balls
These portable nuggets pack a protein punch – a perfect snack for long summer
days. Canola oil adds a dose of good fats to the mix and helps the body absorb the
snack’s fat-soluble vitamins.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats 375 mL
- 2 tablespoons canola oil 30 mL
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 scoop (or 1/4 cup/60 mL) natural whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup dried
cherries 125 mL
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds 60 mL
- In medium bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Coat hands with canola oil to prevent sticking and firmly form mixture into 1-inch
- Keep energy balls refrigerated.
Yield: 16 balls; serving size 1 ball
May be stored in refrigerator for up to five days.
Nutritional analysis Per Serving Calories 97 Total Fat 3 g Saturated Fat
0 g Cholesterol 1 mg Carbohydrates 14 g Fiber 1 g Sugars 9 g Protein 3 g Sodium
6 mg Potassium 24 mg
Recipe and photo credit: