Apricot Brandy Fruitcake
This is one of my all-time favorite fruit cakes.
- 1 pound red glace cherries
- 1 pound green glace cherries
- 1 pound candied pineapple
- 2 boxes white raisins
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches, minced, undrained
- 1 cup apricot brandy
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 11 eggs
- 1 pound pecans
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix cherries, pineapple, raisins, undrained peaches and apricot brandy.
Cover tightly and let stand overnight.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Add pecans, flour, vanilla extract, lemon
extract and salt. Reserving juice from fruit mixture, add fruits to the other
mixture. Line the bottoms of 4 bread pans with greased brown paper.
- Set a pan of water in the oven.
- Bake the bread for 2 to 4 hours at 300 degrees F.
- Mix a little honey with the reserved juice mixture. When fruitcakes are
cool, wrap in clean cheesecloth which has been soaked in the juice mixture.
- Store in refrigerator.
From the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly - Maricopa, Arizona.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Ann Jolly and Lisa Marie Stephens.