- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (13 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups Russian dressing or use store-bought
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce (or ketchup)
- 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- If using homemade Russian Dressing, prepare it first. If using store bought
Russian dressing, proceed with the recipe.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chicken: Wash and place chicken breasts in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together preserves, dry onion soup mix, water
and Russian dressing. Pour over the chicken breasts. Bake for 1 hour.
- Russian Dressing: Place onion in a small bowl and mash to create a paste.
Stir in the mayonnaise, chili sauce, horseradish, hot sauce, Worcestershire,
paprika and salt.