- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (13 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups Russian dressing or use store-bought
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce (or ketchup)
- 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- If using homemade Russian Dressing, prepare it first. If using store bought
Russian dressing, proceed with the recipe.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chicken: Wash and place chicken breasts in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together preserves, dry onion soup mix, water
and Russian dressing. Pour over the chicken breasts. Bake for 1 hour.
- Russian Dressing: Place onion in a small bowl and mash to create a paste.
Stir in the mayonnaise, chili sauce, horseradish, hot sauce, Worcestershire,
paprika and salt.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.