Aunt Hazel's Buttermilk Fried Chicken
My Aunt Hazel was born and raised on a farm in Arkansas. She made the best fried chicken ever!
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 1/2) pound fryer chicken, cut up
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Cooking oil for frying
- Place chicken in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Cover with buttermilk and
refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine flour and seasonings. Place in a brown paper bag, if one is
- Drain chicken. Toss pieces, one at a time in flour mixture.
- Fry chicken in hot oil over medium heat. Cook for 20 minutes on each
side or until juices run clear.
From the family recipes collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Family Favorites Recipes