Banana Cream Cheese Bread
This is my “go-to” banana bread recipe. It’s wonderfully moist, tender and flavorful.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar and butter, blending well.
- Blend in bananas, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Combine dry and add to banana mixture, mixing just until moistened.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour,
20 minutes | Yield: 1 regular loaf
From the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly.